Bement & Stubblefield, LLC

(618) 277-8260

Quality Legal Representation For Individuals, Employees and Union Members

Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Serving Benton, IL

Do you struggle to pay bills or buy food because you can’t work? Don’t suffer because of a workers’ comp denial – contact our staff for workers’ compensation attorneys to help you. At BementStubblefield, LLC, we provide legal assistance to those with workers’ comp claims in Benton, Illinois and throughout the surrounding areas. As a local firm, trust that we understand the challenges that you face when work injuries take away your ability to buy basic necessities. With over 40 years of legal experience, make sure you trust our experienced attorneys for the quality representation you deserve. Call to schedule your consultation if you’ve been injured at work!
[wpforms id="468" title="false"]

What is workers’ compensation?

If you’re wondering what workers’ comp actually is, you wouldn’t be alone. In fact, workers’ comp is insurance that all employers in the State of Illinois must have. It protects the employee and the employer from the complications associated with work injuries, overuse syndrome and more.

How do I file a workers’ comp claim?

All worker’s comp cases are specific to your situation and may vary in many ways. However, there is a basic process when it comes to filing any workers’ comp claim. The process may vary based on your situation, and you should seek professional advice, but the basic process is:

  • The employer must be notified of the injury and the details surrounding it. The State of Illinois puts forth limitations on how long after an injury can a workers’ comp claim be filed.
  • Next, the employer notifies their workers’ comp administrator or insurance company to notify them that a claim has been filed – they will decide what benefits you receive.
  • After the claim is reviewed, it’s either accepted or denied. The employer must provide written explanation of any denial.
  • We file the paperwork for a hearing with the Workers’ Compensation Commission and work on proving your claims.